Wedding and Events Manager
We are looking for an exceptional and passionate candidate to host weddings at our beautiful venue Parklands, Quendon Hall in the village of Quendon, just outside Saffron Walden. You will be joining The Tabor Group which comprises of three exclusive and prestigious venues and has been hosting weddings, functions and events for over 20 years.
Based at Parklands you will take on the following the role:
You will have responsibility for the couple from allocation stage until the wedding day itself and be their main point of contact throughout the wedding day.
· You will organise and plan the wedding from allocation to the day, including pre and post-wedding paperwork.
· Running first and/or subsequent planning meetings resulting in the production of a full running order an invoice to reflect discussions held.
· Individual diary management including arranging, diarising and confirming planning meeting appointments, ensuring relevant paperwork is sent to clients.
· Direct contact with couples by telephone and e-mail as required.
· Attendance at each wedding as planned, including responsibility for ensuring correct set up. Liaise with Venue Head Chef to ensure food choices are correct and allergies and dietary requirement are strictly adhered to.
· Responsibility for the bar, money, tabs and cashing up.
· Recruitment, training and management of Front of House staff to ensure the smooth operation of the venue.
· Have an impact on quarterly and annual revenue targets through upselling additional food and beverage and decorative items.
· Ensure the safety of the building and its occupants with full awareness of health and safety procedures, acting at all times in accordance with internal health and safety policies.
· Strict adherence to health and safety policies and procedures and GDPR compliance.
· Any other duties specified by your Line Managers or Directors
Skills: A minimum of 2 years experience in the wedding or hospitality industry is required. You will also have Front of House management experience. Strong attention to detail with excellent verbal, written, communication skills.
Rewards: You will receive a competitive salary, 28 days annual leave, Pension, Free On-site parking. Company parties.
Please get in touch with your CV and covering letter. email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to reply to each one, therefore if you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application you have unfortunately not been successful. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
- Event Management: 2 years (preferred)
Closing date: 25 August 2021